Sunday, June 24, 2012

S.O.S. Prep: Courageous

About a year ago, I took Caleb to see a special screening of the movie Courageous.  The message of the movie was excellent and challenges husbands, fathers, and all men to be 'courageous' and resolve to   live a life honoring God and leading your family in the same way.  It was during that movie that I first heard the song 'Courageous' by Casting Crowns and from that point on it had a natural connection to the movie for both Caleb and I.

Fast forward to this weekend and my final S.O.S. prep session with Caleb.  I could think of no better song than Courageous because the idea of being Courageous and living a God honoring, obedient, and intentional life applies not only to grown men, but certainly to the youth of today.  Choosing to sacrifice part of your summer to go serve others flies in the face of the selfish nature of our culture and certainly the selfish nature of the teenagers of our culture, but as the song inspires:

We were made to be courageous.
We were made to lead the way.
We could be the generation
that finally breaks the chains.

It is a great call to action and this S.O.S. trip is the perfect response.  I encouraged Caleb to remember this song and the lyrics and to be praying each day during his trip for courage and all that the word - in the context of the song - encapsulates.  

As we loaded him into the van this morning, I gave him a hug and reminded him how proud of him I was.  I said a quick prayer for courage, protection, and blessings on Caleb and all those going to serve and be served in Memphis.  I can't wait to hear all the stories Caleb comes back with...


No comments:

Post a Comment