Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Faith, Family, Health, & Job


I missed my Wednesday morning Bible study at Northview today in order to participate in the very first Prayer Fellowship meeting at work.

My employer, Harrison College is not a faith based institution, but we have a work place culture that centers around the values of Faith, Family, Health, & Job.  Harrison College recognizes that all four are important in an individual’s life and is supportive of employees finding a healthy balance between commitments to their Faith, Family, health, and their Job.  I could share numerous stories about how I have personally experienced and benefited from this awesome culture, but until today I would be challenged to identify intentional actions around Faith within the work place and outside of 1 on 1 interaction.

Today was just about sharing.  It was a bit surreal at first though, to sit in our training room without laptops and projectors front and center, but with Bibles in hand and a sharing of stories and testimonials – opening and closing in prayer.  Although I sat quietly through most of it, inside I was very excited to be participating in this first meeting. Just being there was a blessing and an energetic start to the day.

It is uncertain yet, how these meetings will evolve, but I look forward to them continuing and growing.  Our first meeting had 11 participants, but I am sure that through word of mouth the participation will increase and these morning fellowship meetings will flourish. I am also excited that our next meeting will give me the opportunity to begin to share and walk our group through the same Leadership study we did while in Ghana.  It's amazing how that mission experience continues on today!

I am thankful that God has placed me in a job with an employer that acknowledges my relationship with Christ as the central part of who I am as a person, leader, and employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment