Thursday, January 19, 2012

The year of MORE

I have made a few resolutions as part of this new year that are important for me to follow through on this year.  Before we get too far into 2012, I want to make sure I get them down and share them with others so I can have others helping to encourage and hold me accountable to make certain I complete them:
  • Take more pictures.  This one may seem crazy, knowing how many pictures I already take, but I slowed down this past year - mostly because of camera problems.  Now that I have an iPhone, I don't know that I have an excuse.
  • Be more grateful.  I was inspired by a friend who resolved last year to post as a Facebook status everyday something she was thankful for each day.  While I am not making mine public yet, I have been writing each day about those things - big and small - that I am thankful for. 
  • Spend more time with my kids. Primarily, I mean one-on-one time.  The two oldest are getting to the point where I can see my time with them slipping away faster and faster.  I want to spend more time growing our relationships and staying in touch with who they are and are growing to become.
  • Do more for others. This past year I began to feel a real tugging on my heart to do more for others, to get involved in more service and outreach programs.  I want to make sure that I am actively serving at least once a month.  Perhaps even combine this time with my time spent with my kids and make an even bigger impact!
So apparently, 2012 will be all about MORE!  These four resolutions all represent areas of my life that I am already active in, but I am not satisfied with the level of activity or engagement I have had in these areas.  This will be the year that I focus on growing in these specific areas.  Stay tuned for stories and updates as I venture through the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment