Friday, January 20, 2012

Reaching Beyond my Bubble

Those close to me know that for the past year I have really been wrestling with some strong feelings that I need to be taking a more active role in acts of service for others.  When we moved to Carmel a little over five years ago it was a goal of mine to get our family actively involved in service activities and/or outreach events through our church.  We've done a decent job, but there is so much more we could be doing and this has been pulling on my heart with increasing weight over the past year.  As a father, I want my kids to realize how blessed and fortunate we are and be willing to turn around and bless others.  My hope and prayer is that this would become engrained into them as kids and teens so that as adults they will have this trait wired into their character.

I also realize, that as their father, it is up to me to make sure I am modeling this behavior for them.  So, as I mentioned in my previous post, one of my resolutions for this year is to Do More for Others.  I am not sure exactly how this will manifest itself, but I have a few ideas and look forward to sharing in this journey and effort as I work toward this goal.  I am willing to serve and pray that God will continue to provide opportunities that I can do so in my personal and professional life.  If you're interested in coming along in this resolution, I'd love to have you join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment