Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm ready to get LOST!



I've been looking forward to tonight for months! In fact, I may be more excited about tonight than I am Sunday's Superbowl game.  I am a huge fan of the show LOST.  In my opinion, it's on its way to becoming the best drama series of all-time. It certainly won't be the longest running, but it will have its chance to be a complete story without leaving audiences hanging due to an early cancellation and it will wrap-up while still at its peak of popularity.  


So, with only 17 minutes until the Season Premiere begins, let me get a couple things down regarding my own theories about the show. These are just some a few theme that I think will come out this season.  I really have no basis for these ideas other than my own imagination and the conversations I've had with friends and co-workers.  I may be totally off, but part of what makes this series so much fun is trying to figure out what the heck is going on!  So here's a few guesses:
  1. The survivors of of Oceanic 815 are caught up in a game and/or duel between higher beings or Gods of some kind.  The statue revealed in last seasons finale was most likely the Egyptian God Sobek who is often credited with being the God of Fertility...we've seen that topic come up a few times in this series. So there is clearly some sort of religion angle.
  2. The survivors never make it back "home." That is, they never make it back to their own time and civilization.
  3. It's all Daniel Faraday's fault.


I could list a few more and would love to discuss the theories I've heard about the connections to Jacob and Esau from the Bible, but I've run out of time....  I have a feeling this show may be the topic of a few more entries over the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment