- Our Wedding Day - it's when the whole adventure started!
- Our First Apartment - the thing should have been condemned before we lived there, I can't believe it's still standing today. To this day, it may be our favorite place we've lived - something about the simplicity of having nothing.
- The first time we tried to hang window blinds together - we were only married 2 weeks... someone should have told us how dangerous it was to try such a task during the early phases of our marriage. We survived the ordeal though and she learned how to use a level, I learned that she's always right, and together we decided we'd tackle future similar household tasks as individual ventures.
- Marcy's pregnancy with Makela - 9 months of build-up to how life won't ever be the same, worrying about whether or not we'll be good parents, late night caramel ice cream sundae runs to McDonalds, and the stress of bed rest. Talk about a bonding experience.
- Makela's birth - Look out world, the Princess has arrived! Want to bond with your new baby girl Dads? Be the one who delivers her! It was amazing!
- My Apendectomy - to this day one of the funnier (in hindsight) stories of our relationship
- Caleb's birth - it was as though God decided the world need a miniature version of Me. I remember being freaked out that I didn't think I'd be able to love another baby as much as I loved Makela. This is the first real miracle I feel I was a part of because somehow when Caleb was born, my heart doubled in size. He didn't take a part of my heart away from Makela, they both were able to immediately have that equal share. 11 years later I am still in awe of that moment.
- Disneyland Vacation - what a disaster! No one ever wants to see back stage at Disney from the inside of an ambulance with your 3 month old on the way to the hospital.
- Our First House - it was perfect for us at that point in our lives. We couldn't have asked for a better starter home.
- Caeden's birth - Our one and only brown eyed baby. Almost 8 years later and he still smiles through those eyes.
- Kyron's birth - the night started with a statement from the doctor of "Well this could be disasterous!" and ended with a beautiful baby boy and a family that had grown to "Party Size."
- Moving to Beaverton, OR - it seemed like it was so far from all our family...little did we know what the future would bring.
- Family vacation in Hawaii - what a disaster! Quote of the trip from one of the kids: "I hate Hawaii, can we go home?"
- Moving to Indiana - now that's far away.
- Living 2300 miles away from family - it's forced us to bond as a family of 6 and to rely on each other more
My ramblings about my daily attempt to move forward in my profession and my personal pursuit of God's plan for me. Always striving to be better: a better husband, a better father, a better leader, a better employee, a better me.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Happy 15 Years!
Today my wife and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary, and in celebration of 15 amazing years, I thought I'd list out 15 memories from our 15th years. Happy Anniversary Marcella! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My 15 highlights of your courtship & marriage -
ReplyDelete1) "Mom, I think I just talked my friend into asking out the girl I like."
2) The Proposal - all the planning you did, the event itself, and the party afterwards. Oh yeah, and Marcy said yes!
3) Taking you to college at WOU...Marcy and I both cried all the way home
4) Your wedding - so very hot that day but so very beautiful! Loved your singing too! And the reception was so much fun!
5) Disneyland trip with Brandon, Kelsey, and you and a pregnant Marcy! You guys were all old enough to appreciate all the technology of the Magic Kingdom, the beauty, and willing to be kids also for a while longer.
6) Makela's birth - Marcy was AMAZING...and Makela was unbelievable. Still remember we Grandma's trying to calm her in her bassinet at the hospital, and you leaned down close to her and started talking to her. She immediately turned her head to you and stopped crying! She recognized Daddy's voice. (Must have been all those months talking to Marcy's tummy!)
7) Marcy's gall bladder emergency surgery days after Makela was born and you were on your very first business trip. Don't know who felt worse about the whole situation!
8) Caleb's birth - another grandchild and a boy! Does life get better than this? Two grandkids! And he is so much like you...but then we think that is a good thing!
9) Caeden's birth - #3...and the Hawaiian genes come through in our brown eyed boy! So exciting to be there!
10) Kyron's birth - # 4...Wow! Again Marcy working so hard but only to have to go C-section. What a delight this funny little guy has been!
11) You leaving to move to Indiana for your new job. The family stayed behind and it hit us all that it really was going to happen.
12) Christmas, the night before your move to Indiana. Terribly hard to say goodbye for everyone...yet it seemed like our whole family never felt closer.
13) Marcy networks a job connection for you when the job that took you there didn't work out! What a girl! How's that for support for her husband?
14) The first trip to Indiana to see y'all! It was so good to see first hand what your lives there were like and to meet some of the good friends you already had made. But really, snow on Easter? And no one really knows what a Hoosier is, do they?
15) After all this time, I would still choose you if all the 36 year-olds in the whole wide world were lined up...and I would definitely choose Marcy too! May God continued to richly bless you in every way as He has for all these years!
Wonder what the next 15 years will hold?
Wow! Are you your mom's favorite child???? Must be!
ReplyDelete