Sunday, July 19, 2009

Capture Today to Make You Smile Tomorrow

In going through a stack of DVDs this week I found a very special DVD. It was a little project my kids and I worked on a couple years ago. At that time, my boys were going through a phase in which they loved the children's book The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, & the Big Hungry Bear. They had heard it so many times, they had it memorized and could just recite it at the drop of a hat. Hearing these little voices reading their favorite book was so cute, I had to capture the experience and send it back to the grandparents and other family. That's what I found this week, and after hearing it again I decided I had to share it with others.


This is Caeden's reading of the book. He was 4 at the time and didn't have any front teeth so his S's were tough to say. Have you heard anything this cute!?

Finding this treasure was a great reminder of how fast our kids seem to be growing up. It was also a reminder that it's important to capture those special everyday moments (whether in writing, picture, video, or art) because while they seem ordinary and everyday in the moment, in just a short time they will turn to special moments you'll wish you'd have saved forever.

While, I don't have a recording of it, I'd also recommend another Little Mouse book, great for the holidays, Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment